Saturday, February 5, 2011

Band Of The Week: Me And The Mountain

My Emilie Autumn post has been put on hold (again), since it was a mention by Me And The Mountain on Twitter that kinda jolted me into actually writing this week's Band Of The Week. Apparently they found my post from last week.

"@MATMofficial: Just spotted this little ditty from @ZoeDixon : We're just below @thedamnedthings so it can't be bad!"

So, they get the post, because, hey, they are indeed awesome. And if they hadn't mentioned that, I would completely have forgotten to post this week. This is what I posted about them last week:

"English, female-fronted rock. And if you dare compare them to Paramore I'm likely to kill you. Just because it's a female fronted rock band doesn't make it like Paramore. Besides, Me And The Mountain are shitloads better than Paramore. The debut EP Ruthless is due out at the beginning of February - should be on the iTunes store."

How to expand on that? Well, their debut single Hands To Yourself  is pretty damn awesome. Brilliant video to go with it too. But what really made me fall in love was their acoustic session on McFly's Super City site. As it is, I'm rather inclined to say I'm more enamoured of Me And The Mountain than McFly (although, that's not all that weird - there's a lot of bands I love more than McFly, however much I adore them). Beautiful voice, beautiful music and there's a violin. Scrummy scrummy gorgeousness. You know what's also awesome? They did an acoustic cover of Biffy Clyro's The Captain and did it justice. Check it out on YouTube. Great harmonies. Gotta love that female/male vocal contrast.

What else to say? Other than that there's something stuck under my O key, so sorry if there's any missing. Hmm... how about, I want the EP now. I wanna hear these new tracks!  And I need to see them live - will have to see if I can catch them after I get back to the UK in June. Seriously, there must be something else I can say. Gah, forget it, I'll just end with - Me And The Mountain are awesome, very rock oriented and definitely worth checking out. So, go do that, let me know what you think and pass it on.

Assorted Me And The Mountain links:

No recommended tracks - just wait till the EP's out. Maybe I'll recommend some then. Till then, check their Myspace and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment