Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Randomness: Christmas songs

Oh, yes, it's that time of the year, so I thought I'd share some Christmassy goodness.

First up, the best Christmas song ever. In my opinion, obviously. Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.


That's probably my favourite, but it's in close competition with this work of brilliance from Tim Minchin. Personally, I think this song pins down what Christmas actually means to a lot of people nowadays and it is a genuinely beautiful song.


What next? Let's go with I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake and A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh.




I'd include some of my favourite carols in this post, but I'd struggle to find versions I actually like. I do, however, highly recommened checking out The Sussex Carol, a song I'm led to believe is less well known outside the UK. It's a lovely little song.



Instead, we'll finish with this just-released EP from the delightful Aamir al-Loki. Ahhh, re-imagined Christmas carols are always fun

No comments:

Post a Comment