Saturday, March 24, 2012

Randomness: Gig-going

Ah, the joys of posts purely out of boredom (and slight curiosity). The question is this: Is it really just me who is happy going to gigs on my own?

I'm just wondering, because, well, people seem to pity me when I tell them I go to almost all gigs on my own. Personally, I can't see the problem - I enjoy gigs just as much (if not more) when I'm on my own and I can't see how being with other people enhances that experience, apart from maybe discussing things afterwards. I have this blog for my babbles. And a bunch of poor, unsuspecting housemates who haven't yet learned that I will prattle madly at them if they ask me if I enjoyed a gig...

But: there are so many people who reckon going to gigs with other folks is better. So tell me, group-gig-goers: what makes going to gigs with your friends so much better than going alone?

On a side note: YOUNG GUNS SHOW TONIGHT. And yes, I am going alone. Hurray.

No comments:

Post a Comment