Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Current Love: My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na

First, have a listen. Now, decide a) whether you like it and b) whether you can cope with me babbling about it. Decision made? Good. Off we go.

I love it. I love it I love it I love it. It's got a lovely punk edge that was somewhat lacking on The Black Parade, which is awesome. It's also got that wonderful "stuck-in-your-head-all-day" quality that is the sign of a good song (or an annoying, very catchy one, but that's not the case here). I have waited ages for this damn single. I mean, there were faint mumblings last  year that we might get a new album late 2009, early 2010 and then obviously nothing came of it because the mumblings were wrong. It's now almost 4 years since The Black Parade came out and Na Na Na is definitely worth the wait. I love The Black Parade, but it wasn't a patch on Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. While Na Na Na is definitely not Three Cheers-type material, it's more in that direction than The Black Parade. It's like... pop-punk, but with way more punk than pop. It'll still appeal to the mainstream, but to be honest, I don't have a problem with that. This is music that the band obviously wanted to make and they love it just as much, if not more, than their fans. So what if it's a bit mainstream? It's good music that makes you smile, makes you dance, makes you sing. And actually, this is exactly the sort of track I can see myself bouncing around to at a show, taking swipes at any scenies within reach. Oh, how I dislike scenies. Ahem... moving on.

Hmmm, what else to say about Na Na Na? Or indeed, MCR's upcoming new album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. Oh, I know. I CAN'T WAIT!! I WANT IT NOW. Alas, I have to wait until November 22nd, but that's not too far away now. Happy happy happy times. Now, I think I'm going to listen to Na Na Na on repeat for a bit.

Check it out, let me know what you think, pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment